Need inspiration for your next manicure? Look to your shoes for inspiration as Jessica Biel did for the premiere of her new movie Total Recall. Jessica wore a glamorous Dior gown. She perfectly accessorized the Haute Couture dress with a silver-and-white Jimmy Choo clutch (and of course that gorgeous new engagement ring). But it was her matching mani and pumps that became the center of attention. Jessica chose a pale pink base color with platinum tips to match her silver cap-toe Louis Vuitton pumps.
DIY: How to Recreate Jessica’s Metallic French Manicure
- Paint two coats of a nude or pale pink color as the base.
- Use one of the following options to paint the french tip:
- Paint the tips CND Silver Chrome (use french manicure stickers as a guide if you need help creating the perfect shape).
- -or- Apply silver foil leafing (found in your local craft store) to the tips. (For help applying foil leafing, visit the Beauty Department Tutorial).
- -or- Cut metallic nail decals in the shape of the french tip and apply.
Metallic nails have definitely become a trend on the runways for 2012. At the Chanel Couture 2012 show, the metallic halo manicure gained a lot of attention.
At Behnaz Sarafpour Fall 2012, models wore nude nails with foil metallic tips similar to Biel’s.
For more french manicure inspiration and instructions, check out our post The NEW French Manicure: Nails off the Fall 2012 Runways.
Do you like Jessica Biel’s idea of matching your manicure to an accessory like your shoes?